PT Merck Tbk. is a leading multinational company in the pharmaceuticalsand chemicalsbusiness in Indonesia. Founded in 1970, PT Merck Tbk. went public in 1981. The majority of the shares are held by the Merck Group, headquartered in Germany, which is the oldest pharmaceuticals and chemicals company in the world.
In the pharmaceuticals business, we manufacture and market well-known pharmaceutical brands such as Neurobion®, Sangobion® and Glucophage®. In the Chemicals business, Merck markets a whole range of laboratory reagents, pigments and other specialty chemicals.
To accelerate our growing business, we offer talented individuals who have passion to exceltheircareer to apply as:
Purchasing Manager (Jakarta Raya)
- Organize, control, and enforce procurement procedures, review and recommend cost effective solution, verify purchased goods, establish and administer vendor agreement in line with company policy and risk assessment. Ensure compliance in line with the agreed policy and direction.
- Ensure economic value advantages will be achieved in procurement activities.
- Take initiate for Cost saving/ Cost Reduction programmed.
- Review, recommend and manage the day to day operations of the company’s contracted third party distribution company. Develop and monitor the key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the relationship and actively manage any deficiencies.
- Develop good and effective communication with other related functions including but not limited to suppliers, PPIC, QC, Production, Warehousing and Finance for assuring smooth operation as per production planning and delivery commitment.
- Bachelor degree from a reputable university, major Economic, Management, Engineering eg Industrial.
- Min 8 years experiences, preferably in pharmaceutical/FMCG industries.
- Knowledge in import procedures, terms of financial, delivery and international payment terms.
- Ability to set up tenders, establishing & measuring contracts performance.
- Know about Pharmaceutical regulatory.
- Good Managerial and Negotiation skill
- Computer literacy (Ms. Office), common with ERP system, e.g. Scala, SAP
- Fluent in English (oral & written).
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application, CV, related supporting documents, and a recent photograph, to:
PT. Merck Tbk Indonesia
Jl. TB Simatupang No. 8, Pasar Rebo, Jakarta Timur 13760 Telp. 021-28565600
or by mail to
Please put the code on the right top corner of your letter or on email subject